Training, Prices and Times
OPENING TIMES ( March 29 to Sept 30 )
SATURDAY, SUNDAYS AND BANK HOLIDAY MONDAYS: 8.30 TO 1.30pm
MONDAYS: 2pm – 8.pm ( ring in as I may have day off )
TUES – FRIDAY: 10am – 8.pm
FULL MEMBERSHIP (UNLIMITED SWIMS): £280
DAY TICKET: £8
SOCIAL MEMBERSHIP (SWIMS ARE £6): £30
THERE ARE NO TIME LIMITS ON SWIMMING.
INTRODUCTION TO OPEN WATER COURSES ( TEXT OR PHONE IN FOR BOOKING ) £30 SAT AND SUNDAYS 9.30-10.30 OR 11.30-12.30
FREE PARKING, TOILETS AND CHANGING ROOMS (subject to coronvius)
TOW FLOATS: MUST BE USED IF SWIMMING AROUND OUR 600M COURSE WITHOUT A WETSUIT, WE HAVE AN AREA WHERE IT WON’T BE NEEDED.
ALL GRADES of SWIMMERS ARE WELCOME – BEGINNERS OR EXPERT
WE HAVE SWIM COACHES IF REQUIRED AND ALL CLUBS ARE WELCOME
WE ARE NOT A CHILDRENS FUN LAKE SO CHILDREN WILL NOT BE ALLOWED IN THE WATER UNLESS FOR TRAINING OR COACHING
ALL TRI CLUBS ARE WELCOME REGARDLESS OF NUMBERS, PERFECT FOR MASS WATERSTART AND RACE TECHNIQUE PRACTICE . WE HAVE A RUNNING TRACK AND YOU CAN CYCLE ANY DISTANCE ON THE ROAD, BRING A BLOCK OF 15 AND YOUR OWN B-B-Q FOOD AND WE WILL SUPPLY THE HEATING SOURCE . THERE ARE CYCLE RACKS IN PLACE
PADDLE BOARDS AND CANOES
HIRE: £15 per hour
BRING YOUR OWN: £15 per hour or £20 for two hours
EXTRA GUEST: £5
Please text or phone 078111 08587
ANALYSIS WATER CERTIFICATE
- Total coliforms: 47cfu/100mls
- E.coli: O cfu/100mls
- Faecal Streptococci: O cfu/100mls
- pH*: 7.90 @25°C
We assess channel swimmers
*** In order to swim you MUST be a swimmer and physically fit. First time users must sign a disclaimer**
SPECIAL TRI TRAINING*
We would like peo ple to meet up on a Saturday and Sunday morning where we can guide you through a typical triathlon course ( this is free ) so first you would swim then transit to your bike then go on a 25 mile road course then return to run around the lake.This is a great opportunity to meet others wishing to enjoy this sport and give you advance experience before your forth coming event. We would meet at the lake at 11.30am and then progress from there. All your cars and wet suits etc will be safe here when you cycle.
Last year we welcomed tri clubs to bring all their members together with their own coach to experience racing, drafting and mass water start practice. This proved to be very successful and for example TAFF ELEY TRI CLUB from south wales brought 50 swimmers. Our lake is big enough to take many more
- Coaches available – including a special course on transition timing technique
- Coaches required for all three sports
- Run & Cycle Maps available.
- Safe 11 acre lake 4’6″ deep, with UK clean water licence.
- Small Cafe on site.
- Changing Rooms and Toilets.
- Any number of swimmers at one time.
- No waiting list.
- Available for events, Transition points under construction.
- Club nights etc. can be arranged.
- Advantage of swimming in all weather conditions.
- New 3/4 Mile Running Track now built.
- Full planning for Huge Club house / Restaurant.
- A military assault course is now open for extra workouts etc
- View on Google Earth – BS36 1RY.